About Jeremias C. Tan, MD
Since joining Gastro Health (formerly GANV) in 2006, Dr. Tan has served Northern Virginia as an Advanced Endoscopist. He is a leader and frequently the first to introduce new therapies that reduce residual health risks for patients.
Over the past several years, Dr. Tan began to notice an increase in patients suffering from obesity-related GI issues including gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Left untreated, GERD can lead to more significant health issues such as barrett’s esophagus and esophageal cancer. Dr. Tan developed a special interest in the causal relationship between GERD- related disorders and obesity.
Dr. Tan also participates in Grand Rounds at Inova Fairfax Hospital. He has served as Chief Medical Resident and authored multiple articles during his fellowship and has presented at national meetings.
Dr. Tan performs multiple endoscopic weight-loss procedures including: Weight-Loss Gastric Balloons, Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG), Gastric Sleeve Revision, and Revision of Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass.
To schedule a FREE nurse consultation, please call 703-776-1777 or click here to learn more.
Conditions & Procedures
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux & GERD
- Anal Fistulas
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Colon Diseases & Polyps
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- Colonoscopy (Screening & Diagnostic)
- EGD (Upper Endoscopy)
- Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG)
- Enteroscopy (Small & Large Bowel)
- ERCP & Stents
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Gastric Sleeve Revision
- HALO Procedure
- PEG Placement
- Revision of Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- TIF Procedure
- Weight-Loss Gastric Balloons
3914 Centreville Rd.
Chantilly, VA 20151
3028 Javier Rd.
Fairfax, VA 22031
Having a procedure? It may not always be in the same location where you consulted with your doctor. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re headed to the right place.
Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Awards & Recognitions
- Northern Virginia Magazine, Top Doctor, 2020, 2021
- Washingtonian, Top Doctor, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Clinical Assistant Professor, George Washington University Hospital
- Chief of Gastroenterology at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
- Medical Society of Northern Virginia
- American College of Physicians Gastroenterology Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy