About Robert D. Loudon, MD
Dr. Loudon joined Gastro Health in July 2006 and practices at our Grandview and Alabaster locations. Dr. Loudon obtained his undergraduate degree from Louisiana State University and his medical degree from Louisiana State University Medical Center. He performed his internship and his residency at the University of Alabama Hospital in Birmingham. Dr. Loudon performed his Hepatology/Liver Transplant fellowship at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida and his Gastroenterology fellowship at the University of Louisville Medical Center. Dr. Loudon is board certified in both Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
Dr. Loudon is a member of the American Gastroenterological Association, the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, the American College of Gastroenterology, and the Alabama Gastroenterological Society.
Dr. Loudon enjoys LSU football and traveling with his wife and five children.
Watch to see Dr. Loudon speak with the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation about the unique challenges IBD patients face during COVID-19.
Dr. Loudon is in collaborative practice with:
Erin C. Tanner, CRNP, DNPView Profile
Conditions & Procedures
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux & GERD
- Anal Fistulas
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Colon Diseases & Polyps
- Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis
- Esophageal Disease
- Fecal Incontinence
- Gallbladder Disease
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- H. Pylori
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Liver Disease
- Pancreatic Disease & Pancreatitis
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Radiation Proctitis
- Swallowing Disorders
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- Colonoscopy (Screening & Diagnostic)
- EGD (Upper Endoscopy)
- Enteroscopy (Small & Large Bowel)
- Esophageal Dilation
- Esophageal pH Testing (Bravo)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Treatment & Banding
- PEG Placement
3570 Grandview Pkwy.
Birmingham, AL 35243
1022 1st St. N
Alabaster, AL 35007
Having a procedure? It may not always be in the same location where you consulted with your doctor. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re headed to the right place.
Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Member of the American Gastroenterological Association
- Member of the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member of the American College of Gastroenterology
- Member of the Alabama Gastroenterological Society