About Ali Kazemi, MD
Dr. Kazemi grew up in France until he was 11 years old and moved to Northern California. He then relocated to Northern Virginia at age 16. He graduated with honors from George Mason University with a B.S. in Biology. He received his M.D. from St. George’s University SOM Grenada and completed his Internal Medicine Residency at the University of Louisville. Dr. Kazemi completed his Gastroenterology Fellowship at Allegheny General Hospital/ Temple University. He is board certified in gastroenterology. In addition to general GI procedures, Dr. Kazemi also performs specialized procedures including EUS.
Conditions & Procedures
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux & GERD
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colon Diseases & Polyps
- Colorectal (Colon) Cancer
- Esophageal Disease
- Gallbladder Disease
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- H. Pylori
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Liver Disease
- Pancreatic Disease & Pancreatitis
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Swallowing Disorders
- Colonoscopy (Screening & Diagnostic)
- EGD (Upper Endoscopy)
- Esophageal Dilation
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Treatment & Banding
- PEG Placement
Having a procedure? It may not always be in the same location where you consulted with your doctor. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re headed to the right place.
Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Board Certified in Internal Medicine
Awards & Recognitions
- Northern Virginia Magazine, Top Doctor
- Virginia Living Magazine, Top Doctor
- Vitals, Patients' Choice Award
- Vitals, On-Time Doctor Award
- Vitals, Compassionate Doctor Recognition Award
In the News
- Dr. Kazemi was quoted in Buzzfeed News about the connection between mental health and gut health.
- Dr. Kazemi was a guest speaker on "The Mental Health and Wealth Show" podcast and discussed the link between gut health and mental health.
- Dr. Kazemi spoke with Insider Hook about viral gut health remedies.