About Eugenio J. Hernandez, MD
Eugenio Hernandez, MD, is the clinical leader for Florida working closely with the Division Vice President providing strategic and operational support to all its providers and care centers. In addition, he provides physician leadership in clinical governance, compliance, credentialing, business development, and across all ancillary divisions.
Dr. Hernandez began private practice in South Florida in 1998 and is a founding member of Gastro Health. He has served on the executive team as well as on the Board of Directors for Gastro Health for many years. His previous experience also includes the development of clinical service lines and ambulatory surgical centers.
He earned both his BA and MD from Duke University where he also completed his residency in Internal Medicine. He completed fellowships in Gastroenterology and Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, TX. He is Board-certified in Gastroenterology and is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at the FIU Herbert Wertheim School of Medicine.
Conditions & Procedures
- Abdominal Pain
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Celiac Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Pancreatic Disease & Pancreatitis
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- Colonoscopy (Screening & Diagnostic)
- EGD (Upper Endoscopy)
- ERCP & Stents
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- PEG Placement
Having a procedure? It may not always be in the same location where you consulted with your doctor. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re headed to the right place.
Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Awards & Recognitions
- Vice President of Clinical Affairs, Florida, Gastro Health
- Endoscopy Physician of the Year, Baptist Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at FIU College of Medicine
- American College of Gastroenterology
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
- Volunteer Liga Contra El Cancer