I am dedicated to providing personal service and developing trusting relationships with patients. My promise is to be an active listener and an advocate for all my patients.
About Eugenio J. Hernandez, MD
Eugenio (Gene) Hernandez, MD, is the clinical leader for Florida working closely with the Division Vice President providing strategic and operational support to all its providers and care centers. In addition, he provides physician leadership in clinical governance, compliance, credentialing, business development, and across all ancillary divisions.
Dr. Hernandez began private practice in South Florida in 1998 and is a founding member of Gastro Health. He has served on the executive team as well as on the Board of Directors for Gastro Health for many years. His previous experience also includes the development of clinical service lines and ambulatory surgical centers.
He earned both his BA and MD from Duke University where he also completed his residency in Internal Medicine. He completed fellowships in Gastroenterology and Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, TX. He is Board-certified in Gastroenterology and is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at the FIU Herbert Wertheim School of Medicine.
Conditions & Procedures
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux & GERD
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Celiac Disease
- Clostridium Difficile (C.Diff)
- Colon Diseases & Polyps
- Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis
- Esophageal Disease
- Gallbladder Disease
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- H. Pylori
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Liver Disease
- Pancreatic Disease & Pancreatitis
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Radiation Proctitis
- Small Intestinal Disorders
- Swallowing Disorders
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- Colonoscopy (Screening & Diagnostic)
- EGD (Upper Endoscopy)
- Esophageal Dilation
- Esophageal pH Testing (Bravo)
- Esophageal pH Testing (Breath Test)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- PEG Placement
Kendall at Baptist Medical Arts Building
8950 N. Kendall Dr.
Miami, FL 33176
Having a procedure? It may not always be in the same location where you consulted with your doctor. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re headed to the right place.
Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Awards & Recognitions
- Senior Vice President of Clinical Affairs, Florida, Gastro Health
- Endoscopy Physician of the Year, Baptist Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at FIU College of Medicine
- American College of Gastroenterology
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
- Volunteer Liga Contra El Cancer