About Ravi S. Ravinuthala, MD, MRCP, FAASLD
Dr. Ravi Ravinuthala completed his initial postgraduate medical training at the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in Chandigarh, India. He later trained in England and was elected a Member of the Royal College of Physicians of United Kingdom (MRCP). He trained in liver transplantation at the prestigious St. James’s University Hospital in Leeds, England. In the United States, Dr. Ravinuthala completed his Internal Medicine Residency and Gastroenterology Fellowship at Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan. He did a Transplant Hepatology Fellowship at the Henry Ford Transplant Institute and is approved by United Network of Organ Sharing (UNOS) as a Transplant Hepatologist. Dr. Ravinuthala is the only Board Certified Gastroenterologist in Transplant Hepatology in the Greater Cincinnati area.
Dr. Ravinuthala is actively engaged in clinical research, as well as teaching Gastroenterology fellows and residents. He is extensively trained in all complex aspects of Liver Disease in addition to general Gastroenterology. He routinely performs ultrasound guided liver biopsies and therapeutic paracentesis in addition to all routine endoscopic procedures. Dr. Ravinuthala is Board Certified in Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology.
Outside of Medicine, he enjoys travel and plays table tennis competitively. He has two children and lives with his wife in Mason.
Conditions & Procedures
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux & GERD
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colon Diseases & Polyps
- Colorectal (Colon) Cancer
- Esophageal Disease
- Fecal Incontinence
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pancreatic Disease & Pancreatitis
- Swallowing Disorders
- Colonoscopy (Screening & Diagnostic)
- EGD (Upper Endoscopy)
- Enteroscopy (Small & Large Bowel)
- ERCP & Stents
Having a procedure? It may not always be in the same location where you consulted with your doctor. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re headed to the right place.
Associate Professor of Medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology at the University of Cincinnati and The Ohio State University, Columbus.
Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Board Certified in Internal Medicine
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Hepatology
Awards & Recognitions
Awarded "Fellow of American Association for Study of Liver Diseases" designation in 2015
- Founding member of Global NAFLD Consortium
- Medical Director of the Mercy Health Liver and Pancreas Center at Jewish Hospital
- Director of Ohio GI’s Liver Clinic which includes NASH, Cirrhosis and Viral Hepatitis programs
- Past President of the Association of Indian Physicians
- Medical adviser for the Asian Community Alliance
- American Liver Foundation advisory board member
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- American Society of Transplantation
- Asia Pacific Association for the Study of Liver