About John P. Day, MD
Dr. Day joined Gastro Health in July 1992 and practices at our Grandview and Alabaster care centers. He obtained his undergraduate degree from the United States Naval Academy and his medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia. He performed his internship, residency and fellowship at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Dr. Day is board certified in both Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
Dr. Day is a member of the State Medical Association, American College of Physicians, American College of Gastroenterology, American Gastroenterological Association, the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, and the Alabama Gastroenterological Society.
Dr. Day is in collaborative practice with:
Lindsay B. Smith, CRNPView Profile
Conditions & Procedures
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux & GERD
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Colon Diseases & Polyps
- Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- Colonoscopy (Screening & Diagnostic)
- EGD (Upper Endoscopy)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- PEG Placement
1022 1st St. N
Alabaster, AL 35007
3570 Grandview Pkwy.
Birmingham, AL 35243
Having a procedure? It may not always be in the same location where you consulted with your doctor. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re headed to the right place.
Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Member of the State Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Alabama Gastroenterological Society