About Greta Taitelbaum, MD, CM FRCP (C) FACG
Dr. Greta Taitelbaum is a graduate of McGill University, where she obtained her undergraduate and doctorate degrees. She also completed a year of additional training in inflammatory bowel disease at Massachusetts General Hospital, an area in which she maintains a career-long interest. Dr. Taitelbaum joined Gastro Health in 2004 following 18 years at Brigham and Women’s Hospital where she worked as an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard University.
Dr. Taitelbaum is doubly recognized for exceptional contribution to medicine and GI as a Fellow of both the American College of Gastroenterology and the Royal College of Physicians (Canada). Dr. Taitelbaum has also served on the technology committee of the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and was President of the New England Endoscopy Society. She is a member of the Beth Israel Deaconess Physician Organization, LLC and of the MetroWest Accountable Healthcare Organization.
Published in the fields of endoscopic technology and feeding tube complications, Dr. Taitelbaum is a frequent lecturer on these and other topics. Dr. Taitelbaum is trained in pill camera technology, interventional endoscopy and colonoscopy. She is fluent in English and French.
Dr. Taitelbaum is currently on staff at MetroWest Medical Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston Endoscopy Center, and Charles River Endoscopy.
Conditions & Procedures
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux & GERD
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colon Diseases & Polyps
- Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis
- Gallbladder Disease
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Liver Disease
- Pancreatic Disease & Pancreatitis
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- Colonoscopy (Screening & Diagnostic)
- EGD (Upper Endoscopy)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Treatment & Banding
- Nutritional Counseling
475 Franklin St.
Framingham, MA 01702
Having a procedure? It may not always be in the same location where you consulted with your doctor. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re headed to the right place.
Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Board Certified in Internal Medicine
Awards & Recognitions
- American College of Gastroenterology, 25 Year Membership Award
- Massachusetts Magazine, Top Gastroenterologist; Framingham
- American Association for the Study of Liver Disease
- American College of Gastroenterology, Fellow
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American Liver Foundation
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Boston Intercity Liver Group
- Massachusetts Gastroenterology Association
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- National Foundation of Ileitis and Colitis
- New England Endoscopy Society
- Royal College of Physicians of Canada, Fellow