About Behzad Kalaghchi, MD, FACG, FASGE
Dr. Kalaghchi began practicing in Northern Virginia in 2005, merging his practice with GANV in 2007. In 2019, GANV became the platform for the Gastro Health Virginia Division. As an Advanced Endoscopist, Dr. Kalaghchi specializes in pancreato-biliary disorders, Endoscopic Treatment of Barret’s Esophagus and Endoscopic diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal malignancies. He is particularly skilled in the early diagnosis and treatment of the full range of GI and liver health issues, as well as performing the technically demanding and complex procedures of advanced endoscopy.
During his Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship at the University of Florida-Shands, Dr. Kalaghchi trained in the latest, state-of-the-art techniques. His expertise includes diagnosing, staging and treating diseases of the esophagus, stomach, duodenum, pancreas, liver, and colon.
Dr. Kalaghchi played a key role in developing the Center for Advanced Endoscopy at Inova Fairfax Hospital and currently serves as the Medical Director of the Center. Dr. Kalaghchi has been recognized as a Top Doctor in Northern Virginia Magazine, Arlington Magazine, and The Washingtonian.
He is currently accepting new patients at our Fairfax Office location.
Dr. Kalaghchi is also fluent in Farsi/Persian and Turkish.
Conditions & Procedures
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux & GERD
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colon Diseases & Polyps
- Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis
- Esophageal Disease
- Gallbladder Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pancreatic Disease & Pancreatitis
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- Colonoscopy (Screening & Diagnostic)
- EGD (Upper Endoscopy)
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Enteroscopy (Small & Large Bowel)
- ERCP & Stents
- Esophageal & Colonic Stenting
- Esophageal Ablation
- Esophageal Dilation
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Treatment & Banding
- PEG Placement
Having a procedure? It may not always be in the same location where you consulted with your doctor. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re headed to the right place.
Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Awards & Recognitions
- Top Doctor Northern Virginia Magazine 2020
- Top Doctor Arlington Magazine 2019
- Top Doctor Washingtonian Magazine 2019
- Clinical Assistant Professor, VCU School of Medicine
- Medical Director, Advanced Endoscopy Center at INOVA Fairfax Hospital
- Board of Directors, Medical Society of Northern Virginia, 2019-2020
- GI Tumor Review Board, Inova Fairfax Hospital