About George Dickstein, MD, FASGE, AGAF
Dr. George Dickstein is a graduate of Cornell University with honors and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine with distinction. Dr. Dickstein joined Greater Boston Gastroenterology (now Gastro Health) in 2001 after serving as the Chief of GI at Deaconess Waltham Hospital. He subsequently served as Chief of the Medical Staff at MetroWest Medical Center for two years before accepting his current position there as Chairman of the Department of Medicine.
Dr. Dickstein was on the medical advisory committee of the American Liver Foundation for many years and is published in the fields of liver disease, inflammatory bowel disease, GI bleeding and circulatory (ischemic) disorders of the GI tract. He is trained in ERCP, capsule endoscopy, and endoscopic reflux repair techniques and maintains an interest and expertise in the evaluation and management of advanced liver disease. Dr. Dickstein’s areas of interest also include disorders of the bile ducts and pancreas.
Interested in medical education throughout his career, Dr. Dickstein is currently an Academic Dean and Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine at Tufts University School of Medicine.
Dr. Dickstein is currently on staff at MetroWest Medical Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Newton-Wellesley Hospital, the Boston Endoscopy Center and Charles River Endoscopy.
Conditions & Procedures
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux & GERD
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colon Diseases & Polyps
- Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Liver Disease
- Pancreatic Disease & Pancreatitis
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- Colonoscopy (Screening & Diagnostic)
- EGD (Upper Endoscopy)
- ERCP & Stents
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Treatment & Banding
- Nutritional Counseling
- TIF Procedure
Having a procedure? It may not always be in the same location where you consulted with your doctor. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re headed to the right place.
Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Awards & Recognitions
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor
- Healthgrades Gastrointestinal Care Specialty Excellence Award
- Top Doctor Award, Gastroenterologist in Boston, MA
- Top Doctor Award, Gastroenterologist in Framingham, MA
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association, Fellow
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Fellow
- Massachusetts Gastroenterology Association
- Massachusetts Medical Society