About Steven N. Fine, MD
Dr. Steven Fine is the founding physician of Greater Boston Gastroenterology, PC now Gastro Health. He has practiced in the MetroWest area for over 24 years. Dr. Fine serves as Chief of the GI Department and Endoscopy Service at MetroWest Medical Center, supervising a large physician staff who perform over 10,000 endoscopic procedures each year. He also serves as the Medical Director of Boston Endoscopy Center in Wellesley, MA, which performs over 8,000 endoscopic procedures a year.
A graduate of Harvard College and Cornell University Medical College. Dr. Fine did his internal medicine training at Beth Israel Hospital in Boston, and did his gastroenterology training at The New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center in New York City. Dr. Fine has expertise in GI upper endoscopy and colonoscopy, as well as pill capsule endoscopy. He is published in a wide range of GI topics. An expert in the treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Dr. Fine serves as Chairman on the medical advisory committee of the New England Chapter of the Crohn´s and Colitis Foundation.
Dr. Fine is on staff at MetroWest Medical Center, Newton-Wellesley Hospital, the Boston Endoscopy Center, and Charles River Endoscopy.
Conditions & Procedures
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux & GERD
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colon Diseases & Polyps
- Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pancreatic Disease & Pancreatitis
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- Colonoscopy (Screening & Diagnostic)
- EGD (Upper Endoscopy)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Nutritional Counseling
Having a procedure? It may not always be in the same location where you consulted with your doctor. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re headed to the right place.
Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Awards & Recognitions
- Boston Magazine Top Doctors – Gastroenterology, Framingham
- Healthgrades Gastrointestinal Care Specialty Excellence Award
- Humanitarian of the Year, Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
- Patients’ Choice Award, Vitals
- Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award
- Top 10 Doctor – State
- Top 10 Doctor – Metro Area
- Uniting to Care & Cure Award, Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
- New England Chapter of the Crohn´s and Colitis Foundation