About Nader H. Balba, MD
Dr. Balba earned a B.S. degree in molecular and cell biology at the University of Connecticut, graduating Phi Beta Kappa. He attended graduate school at Yale University, where he was involved in molecular genetic research and teaching.
While studying at Yale, Dr. Balba decided to pursue a career in medicine and returned to Connecticut to earn his medical degree. During his training, he earned several awards including the AAMA Outstanding Medical Research Award and Georgetown Internal Medicine Residency Ambulatory Care Award.
Dr. Balba joined Gastro Health in 2003 and is an active presenter in both local grand rounds lectures and national meetings. His interest in research continues from his time at Yale, with a current focus on eosinophilic esophagitis.
Dr. Balba is currently accepting new patients.
Conditions & Procedures
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux & GERD
- Anal Fistulas
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Colon Diseases & Polyps
- Colorectal (Colon) Cancer
- Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- Colonoscopy (Screening & Diagnostic)
- ERCP & Stents
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- PEG Placement
Having a procedure? It may not always be in the same location where you consulted with your doctor. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re headed to the right place.
Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Awards & Recognitions
- Northern Virginia Magazine, Top Doctor, 2020
- Washingtonian Magazine Top Doctor, 2019, 2018
- Clinical Assistant Professor, George Washington University Hospital
- Medical Society of Northern Virginia
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Board of Internal Medicine for Internal Medicine