About Asma P. Khapra, MD
A native of metropolitan Washington, D.C., Dr. Khapra returned to the area after completing her residency in New York, and joined Gastro Health - Virginia in 2007.
Dr. Khapra is skilled in all aspects of gastroenterology and specializes in Women’s Digestive Health.
Dr. Khapra authored an AGA GastroSlides Project for Digestive Health and Disease in Women. She has presented as national medical meetings and published several research articles.
As voted by her peers, Dr. Khapra has been routinely recognized as a ‘Top Doctor’ in the Mid-Atlantic region, by Arlington Magazine, Northern Virginia Magazine and Washingtonian Magazine.
She currently serves as a clinical trials sub-investigator at Gastro Health - Virginia. Dr. Khapra is currently accepting new patients.
Conditions & Procedures
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux & GERD
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- Colonoscopy (Screening & Diagnostic)
- EGD (Upper Endoscopy)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- PEG Placement
Having a procedure? It may not always be in the same location where you consulted with your doctor. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re headed to the right place.
Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Awards & Recognitions
- Northern Virignia Magazine, Top Doctor, 2020
- Washingtonian Magazine, Top Doctor, 2018, 2019
- Arlington Magazine, Top Doctor, 2021
- Author AGA GastroSlides Project for Digestive Health and Disease in Women
- Medical Society of Northern Virginia
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Clinical Assistant Professor, George Washington University Hospital