About Christopher D. South, MD, FACG
Dr. South graduated from The Ohio State University College of Medicine. His Internal Medicine Internship was completed at Duke University and his Internal Medicine Residency and Gastroenterology Fellowship were both completed at Ohio State. Dr. South’s Gastroenterology Fellowship included extensive training in many advanced endoscopic therapies, including endoscopic ultrasound (EUS). Dr. South also has a specific clinical interest in the prevention, staging, and palliation of gastrointestinal malignancies and esophageal disorders. He is Board Certified in Gastroenterology.
Dr. South enjoys spending time with his family, coaching youth sports, fly fishing, and upland bird hunting.
Conditions & Procedures
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux & GERD
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colon Diseases & Polyps
- Colorectal (Colon) Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- Colonoscopy (Screening & Diagnostic)
- EGD (Upper Endoscopy)
- ERCP & Stents
Having a procedure? It may not always be in the same location where you consulted with your doctor. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re headed to the right place.
Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Awards & Recognitions
- Top 3 Gastroenterologists in Cincinnati, OH - 2023
- Cincinnati Magazine Top Doctor
- Medical Director of Endoscopy at the Jewish Hospital in Cincinnati
- Southern Ohio Governor of the American College of Gastroenterology.