About Michael S. Epstein, MD, FACG, AGAF
Michael Epstein, MD, is a fellow in the American Gastroenterology Association and the American College of Gastroenterology. He is founder and president of the Maryland Diagnostic & Therapeutic Endoscopy Center and a member of the IRB Company.
In 2010, he started Investigative Clinical Research, a research facility performing a broad spectrum of trials to advance the treatment of disease. He also performs duties as a staff gastroenterologist at Anne Arundel Medical Center and Baltimore Washington Medical Center. He is able to use his expertise in aviation as a medical examiner for the FAA. He also teaches, instructing students as an assistant professor of medicine at Uniformed Services University, the health science university for the U.S. government.
Dr. Epstein started his training at the University of Colorado studying biology then receiving his Doctor of Medicine from the New Jersey College of Medicine. He followed with an internship and residency at George Washington University Hospital and School of Medicine. He then completed his fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Washington, DC.
Dr. Epstein has earned several awards, most notably the Meritorious Service Medal for the United States Air Force, given to military service members that show noncombat performance considered outstanding by their peers. He was also given the US FDA Advisory Committee Service Award in 2009 and received the American Medical Association Physicians Recognition Award which commends doctors on their commitment to exceptional patient care through continuing education.
With all these notable accomplishments, Dr. Epstein still finds time to enjoy his three children and his hobbies, which include water skiing, snow skiing, and aviation.
Conditions & Procedures
- Abdominal Pain
- Anal Abscess
- Anal Fistulas
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Biliary Disease
- Celiac Disease
- Clostridium Difficile (C.Diff)
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colon Diseases & Polyps
- Colorectal (Colon) Cancer
- Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis
- Esophageal Disease
- Fecal Incontinence
- Gallbladder Disease
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- H. Pylori
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Liver Disease
- Pancreatic Disease & Pancreatitis
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Radiation Proctitis
- Swallowing Disorders
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- Colonoscopy (Screening & Diagnostic)
- EGD (Upper Endoscopy)
- Enteroscopy (Small & Large Bowel)
- ERCP & Stents
- Esophageal & Colonic Stenting
- Esophageal Ablation
- Esophageal Dilation
- Esophageal pH Testing (Bravo)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Treatment & Banding
- Infrared Coagulation of Hemorrhoids
- IV Therapy
- Liver Biopsies
- Nutritional Counseling
- PEG Placement
- Weight-Loss Gastric Balloons
621 Ridgely Ave.
Annapolis, MD 21401
1630 Main St.
Chester, MD 21619
Having a procedure? It may not always be in the same location where you consulted with your doctor. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re headed to the right place.
Board Certified in Gastroenterology
Board Certified in Internal Medicine
Awards & Recognitions
- 2020 Readers Choice Awards, Capital Gazette
- Phi Beta Kappa, Pre Medical Honor Society
- Meritorious Service Medal United States Airforce
- Top Doctor, 2011 2012 2015
- Top Physician, US News and World report
- FDA Advisory Service Award
- Citation for Medical Service Award, City of Annapolis
- Anne Arundel County Medical Service Award
- Fellow American College of Gastroenterology
- Fellow American Gastrointestinal Association